5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2008 8:27 AM by Newsgroup_User

Problems publishing

jb99911
      Hi - Im pretty new to this but am having some troubles with an animation I am building. the whole thing works fine and acts fine in preview mode. It also works fine when previewed in a webpage (f12) but when I try and publish to a projector .exe some of the sprites dont emerge and the whole thing does not work.... any thoughts/ pointers appreciates.
        • 1. Re: Problems publishing
          Level 7
          jb99911 wrote:

> Hi - Im pretty new to this but am having some troubles with an animation I am
          > building. the whole thing works fine and acts fine in preview mode. It also
          > works fine when previewed in a webpage (f12) but when I try and publish to a
          > projector .exe some of the sprites dont emerge and the whole thing does not
          > work.... any thoughts/ pointers appreciates.

Hi jb,

Do you get any messages when the projector starts - liek missing Xtras? What are
          the sprites (media types) that are not showing.

I have a tut/technote on stub projectors that explains teh projector creation
          process as well as Xtras.
          http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/Learning/Director/publishing/projector.asp

regards
          Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
          http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
          http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
          email: d.utian@unsw.edu.au

• 2. Re: Problems publishing
            dc_mccarron
            I am having much the same problem.

I have buttons linked to videos that I have imported into the Internal Cast however when I publish and open the application on a different computer, then click a button, the open file finder opens asking where the videos are.

I have included the videos in the "Add Dependent Files" box under Publish Settings > Files.

Is there something I'm missing?
            • 3. Re: Problems publishing
              Level 7
              Digital video is NEVER imported into the cast. You may have an icon for
              it, but it is just a pointer to the actual video file. You always
              need to include any digital video that is needed in the project along
              with the published projector in order to play the videos. That checkbox
              to include Dependant Files is for dealing with xtras and dlls. It is
              not related to the digital videos.
              • 4. Re: Problems publishing
                dc_mccarron Level 1
                Can I simply include the videos in the same folder as the .app? If not, how do i reference the videos?
                • 5. Re: Problems publishing
                  Level 7
                  Yeah. If you keep them in the same folder, then you are golden. They
                  will keep the relative folder structure, so if they are all in the same
                  folder, they should work. Or if they are in (for example) the
                  moviePath:videos folder when you are authoring, then you can include a
                  videos subfolder and put the videos there for your projector.