• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There Is Not Enough Memory?!!!

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, Photoshop doesn't have ram to do anything as simple as editing text or saving the file, the file size is about 70mb but worked fine months ago when I first made it for a client and now I went into it to make changes he requested & even if I give it 85-100% ram which I have 16gb of, I still get the stupid not enough memory message!

I also noticed Photoshop won't detect my GeForce graphics card only the Intel integrated card

System:

Microsoft 10 64bit

Nvidia GeForce 940MX

Intel  i7-7500U 7th gen @ 2.70GHZ

3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

I reverted to 19.1.7 & all the issues are solved, it almost feels like every update is more of a screw up than an update. Kind of sad that a multi-billion dollar corporation can't get their crap together & push out fixes / be more involved in their community shows how much they care!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop failed to detect your gpu then yes the ram will not be able to get used.

Try shuting down Photoshop and reopen it as normally the sniffer software is the underpinning cause and restarting should bypass the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried reopening Photoshop many times and made sure everything on my computer is up to date & restarted my computer, it didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop Elements, and not Photoshop, see here:

Error while accessing performance preferences​

• "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)"

If Photoshop, make sure you are using the latest version of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried that whole Registry stuff & it didn't solve it and think it made it worse. I am using the latest version of Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the lastest Photoshop is bugged... I recommend you keep the last Photoshop build as well and use that because no quick fix is coming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted to 19.1.7 & all the issues are solved, it almost feels like every update is more of a screw up than an update. Kind of sad that a multi-billion dollar corporation can't get their crap together & push out fixes / be more involved in their community shows how much they care!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that Adobe should do more about bug fixes and they seem slow in that respect, having said that you're the only one that I have seen on the forum with memory issues in version 20.0.1

I have that version installed on 3 PC's and haven't had that issue, there are bugs still in this version but non of them have caused issues with my workflow, I just work around them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is this just happening on that particular file or all files, about the GPU issue have you made sure that the drivers for both the Intel and Nvidia are up to date, also take a look here, especially section 7

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

I would undo the registry hack if you haven't already as it's not needed in version 20.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All files I can't even save for web now aswell, its pathetic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines