• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom flashing blank window overlaying background library screens on startup

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom Classic CC. I have set up library and all was working well. Exploring other areas I looked at the web section but didn't finalise anything I did in there. I then looked at Portfolio and tried to find some photos to put into it, Portfolio could not find any. I then opened Lightroom, everything starts as normal and it opens to the library screen set. Then a white, blank, window pops up in front of the Library screens. The only thing the window has is a red button at top left. When you click this Lightroom goes into shut down mode and the query on backing up catalog pop-up appears.

This happens every time I try Lightroom now. I have tried backing up, not backing up and forcing quit, same thing happens

any help most welcome as I am really enjoying Lightroom apart from this.

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

The situation seems to have resolved itself, luckily as it was not possible to get into any part of the app with the white window flashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a Lightroom Classic question, moving it to that forum for better responses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look into the preferences to switch GPU use off. That may be a good starting point.

As youre just at the start, you can also try as a second releave to reset preferences to default. You willl loose any customization you did.

How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

If it still does not work as expected update this thread with a screenshot of the screen situation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The situation seems to have resolved itself, luckily as it was not possible to get into any part of the app with the white window flashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines