• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Disappears in Waveform Edit

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous versions of Audition did not have this problem. When I go into waveform view to edit a clip in a session with video, the video panel turns black.

I'm currently sound-editing a feature film.  I need to remove crew footsteps from a quiet scene.  Ordinarily, this is no problem.  Just go into the spectral editor, and paint out every footstep that doesn't belong to the cast.  It takes just a few minutes to do a whole scene, when you can actually see what the cast is doing.  But trying to work blind like this is absolutely impossible.

Anyone have any ideas?

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz

16 GB DDR DDR5

nVidia GeForce RTX 2070

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is with Audition CC 2019 v.12? So does the video show up OK in the Multitrack view with the Video panel open? What format is the video file that doesn't show and did that format work before? Seems to work OK here on my Win 10 PC with an .mp4 as source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition build 12.0.1.34

Yes, the video plays when in multitrack editing.  It turns black when I go into waveform, to edit any of the clips in the timeline.

The video itself is streaming into Audition from Premiere, via Dynamic Link.  Source clips in the project are R3D and MOV.  I'm working on the Premiere project directly in Audition.  I've worked on plenty of other films this way, in the time since Audition gained the ability to open Premiere projects, and and it's been no problem until now.  I'm guessing something got broken in a recent update.

You do have me thinking about a potential work-around now.  I suppose I could do a rendering, and then throw that into the timeline in Audition, rather than continue to use Dynamic Link, and see if that makes the difference.  But we're not supposed to have to do that anymore.  If I have to do that every time, it's really gonna slow things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABBloch  wrote

I'm guessing something got broken in a recent update.

Just checking - you are running the latest versions of both Premiere and Audition? Not just Audition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, everything is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines