Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Armed recording track is recording the other tracks? HELP

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using a Steinberg UR12 2 channel interface.  

I'm trying to record a bass guitar track over a song (stereo MP3) that my friend sent me.

I've imported the MP3 and have it on Track 1.

I'm trying to record the bass on Track 2.   Set the Input to the Steinberg Chanel 1.   

When I arm Track 2 and then hit 'record', not only does Track 2 record the bass guitar, but it's also recording the Stereo file in Track 1 as well with the mono bass track onto Track 2.   

I've updated Adobe.   And have installed the latest firmware for my Steinberg.  

Nothing I'm trying seems to be able to fix this?    What is Track 1 being re-routed as an input onto Track 2?   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably this is happening because you have the 'loopback' function enabled. You should turn this off, otherwise it sends everything you can hear back to the line output - which is what you are recording!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SteveG,

I'll see if I'm able to find this and turn it off.  

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the 'loopback' function within Audition or on the Steinberg that you're referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SteveG .... you were spot on !!!!

Thank you so very much for your help.   All good.   I would never have figured this out.  

No idea why it turned on this 'loopback' setting in the first place.   

I can now go and record my bass track.  

You have made my day !!!

Thank you,

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines