• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro AutoSave Sync to Creative Cloud not working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the problem where, recently, every autosave and manual save comes up with the error message, "Can't copy to file: "User/XXXX/Creative Cloud Files/Premiere Pro/13.0/Premiere Pro Auto-Save/<projectname>.prproj. Please check permissions."

However it looks like it is syncing to both the Autosave folder and my Creative Cloud backup. 

If I uncheck "Sync files to Creative Cloud" in Preferences>Autosave then I don't get the error, but then I'm not backing up my project online.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI paulm65075959,

Sorry for the sync issue. Are you logged into the OS as an Administrator?

Try the steps recommended in this article: Error: "Unable to sync files" to the Adobe Creative Cloud

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

Your article seems to help with problems on windows systems, this error however is occurring on Mac systems. Do you know how to solve it?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see if your account is set with Admin permissions on a Mac by going to System Preferences > Users & Groups and make sure this box is checked!

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 3.16.25 PM.png

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my mac, and I am logged as administrator. I recieve this messege -

can't copy file users/myname/creative cloud files... premiere autosave ... please check write permissions

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So - no answer here? no solution?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem constantly (PP 14.0.1, macOS Mojave 10.14.6).   I am the Adminsitrator and have full permissions throughout the system.   Any better ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue just started up again, and I googled the solution only to find that I started this thread more than a year ago.  Still no good answers?  The article that was posted as a response doesn't have 1. this error message that I keep getting, or 2. any solutions for Mac users.  

Can someone from Adobe please look into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has plagued me as well.  It began happening almost daily, and the only remedy was to close evertything, log out of my Mac user account, then re-login.  Total pain.

After reading this thread yesterday trying to find answers, I had a thought - perhaps the location of the Auto Save Sync folder was the issue.  Since it is automatically placed in the user documents - which is a quasi system folder and thus a bit more stingy as to what apps it allows open access - I changed the location to a new folder on a different drive (well, a partion of the same drive - but a drive that doesn't include the library/system/user files).  

It took a few minutes to transfer over.  So far, 2 days in, no issues.  

If your whole system is on one drive, this may not work as well.  But, still, perhaps out of that user folder it could help.

MacPro2012 - Mojave - PP14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm Chamicara

When you attempt to sync files using the Creative Cloud file sync feature,
do you receive an "Unable to sync files" error? Use the solutions provided
in the below to help resolve the error and avoid potential conflicts in
future.

(*Note:-* that there are differences between operating systems regarding
acceptable filenames that can cause sync issues between them. The Creative
Cloud desktop app can resolve many incompatibilities, but when it cannot, a
failure can occur. When a failure does occur, a notification appears about
the failure, and any remaining files continue to sync.)

1.ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet, and that you are
signed in to your Creative Cloud account.

2.See Close Files in Use (
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html#id_59860
)

3.pause file sync and then resume it again. This step alone can help
resolve many syncing issues. Do one of the following depending on your
version of Creative Cloud desktop app:

- Click the gear icon at the top-right. Click Syncing and then
click Pause/Resume
syncing.
- Click the gear icon at the top-right, and then click Preferences. In
the Files tab, click Sync On/Off.

Is it still didn't working contact me...
Thank You
Chamicara Desilva
Chamicara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chamicara,

My files are syncing fine.  The issue is that the 'Auto Backup Save' to Creative Cloud will suddenly without warning decide it no longer has write permissions to save the Premiere Pro backup to Creative Cloud folder.  

In my case, for other reasons, I did a fresh reinstall of my entire system drive and installed macOS Mojave 10.14.6.  Have been working on a new installation for abut 6 hours when suddenly I get the error!  It's been autosaving this whole time until now.

Only solution so far is to turn off "save backup project to creative cloud", defeating the offsite backup of the project.

Even granting both CC and Premiere Pro Accessibility and Full Disk Access, the wrrite permissions issue is still there.   

I also tried your suggestion but alas, it does not solve this issue.

And now it is September - still no fix.  

Thanks,

Jonno

PP 14.3.2 iMac 27" (Mojave) Blackmagic UltraStudio Express IO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was searching on this very same topic and found this post. I experimented and found what works for me right now. What I have done is make a new folder in the Creative file folder via your mac. Go to Premiere Pro/15.0 and  label the old folder as "Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save-Archive" and rename the new folder as "Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save". Make sure you open all read and write permissions to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you get into complicated solutions, check the folder and file names to make sure you don't have any characters the computer may not like (slashes, colons, "&", etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines