• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos messed up in desktop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import videofiles (MOV) and drop them to desktop for cutting, the video ends up messed. It turns to kind of black and white or grayish. When I run the same videofile for an example through mediaplayer or anything else its not corrupted. So the problem is in Premiere Elements. It is updated and I tried severeal times to re-import same clips - no effect at all.

How to solve this out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please offer details about your computer, operating system, Premiere Elements version and source of video files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bill. There are too many variables missing.

At least tell us what model of camcorder the video is from, what operating system you're using and which version of Premiere Elements you're editing with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your answers.

More information:

- The version I'm using is Adobe Premiere Elements 14.1

- My workstation is a basic asus laptop

- Videos are in MOV format as I think already told and recorded with a system camera which model is Canon EOS 7D Mark II.

I have made several videos before wtih this same setup and no problems like these have been showed up before. I tried another clip from this project and everything works as usual. There are  15 videos filmed same day with same tools, and couple of them just dont work now in Adobe.

Hope this clears things up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm using windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description suggests that out of 15 clips a couple don't work right.  That suggests the clips are somehow "corrupted" or otherwise flawed. 

There is a free program called Handbrake.  It may be able to read those files and make fixed copies that should work in your project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that makes me wonder, how they work normal when I play them only with mediaplayer. I mean without running them first through any softa...  

I attached a screenshot here so u can see how it looks like when I drop the file to desktop after importing it.

Have to try that Handbrake.. and maybe re-installing the whole Adobe too ? bug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video playing software is less picky than video editing software because editing it is so much more complex than watching it.

Reinstalling might make an improvement. 

Are the project settings matched to the video clip properties?  Can you try to turn off or on Hardware Acceleration in General Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screen shot of your timeline indicates that Premiere Elements is not able to identify or match the video file's specs.

Open one of your problem videos in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it generates and paste it to this forum. Once we know the specs of your video file, we'll better be able to diagnose what's going on.

As Bill says, media players don't read video specs the same way as video editors. Quite often video files can be played but not edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines