Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 9 Std

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Oracle ERP and when I open reports its open in Internet Explorer as report format is PDF and the background application is Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard.

When I try to save this PDF on my local computer every time it asks for location to save PDF file however when I uninstall Acrobat 9 and install Adobe DC or Reader it remembers the location of PDF.

Below are the screenshots

33.png

44.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

New Update and Observations :

I have figured out that if I change the association of Adobe Acrobat Forms Documents to Acrobat Reader so it will open under reader (Latest) software instead of Acrobat 9 Std.

fdf.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Osamam,

As I understand, you are opening the PDF in Acrobat extension on Internet Explorer and then saving it computer locally.

Then you have mentioned that you uninstall the Acrobat 9 version and install the Adobe Acrobat/ Reader DC version on your machine.

Could you please let us know what exactly you are referring to when you say " It remembers the PDF location'?

Are you trying to say that when you save a new PDF, the Save as window remembers the location?

It would be helpful if you can elaborate on this. Share the exact workflow you do.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much thanks for the feedback

When I don't have Acrobat 9 Std version every time when I save different reports it always remembers the location, for example, I have run the first report and save it on the desktop then after a 2nd report, it remembers the location like my desktop when I click on save button.

But when I have Acrobat 9 Std it always asks for the location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 is old and outdated, and not compatible with any current operating system, so problems with it are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so will newer version resolve this problem for sure?

and what is a new and updated version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said yourself it worked well with Reader DC, then it will most likely work well with Acrobat DC, too, which is the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New Update and Observations :

I have figured out that if I change the association of Adobe Acrobat Forms Documents to Acrobat Reader so it will open under reader (Latest) software instead of Acrobat 9 Std.

fdf.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines