• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Server delay between running scripts

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a delay of 6 to 10 seconds when sending a SOAP call (groovy script with Java HttpClient) to InDesign server. If I trigger the script 5 times in a row very quickly, and I watch the IDS output, the aforementioned delay occurs 5 times. All files referenced in the script are on the InDesign server, itself.

If I use the sampleclient locally to run the same script, the IDS output responds very fast (under a second).

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Does the fact that the SOAP call isn't local cause the delay?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't network latency have an affect on the overall response. Did you check the network lag?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I suspect network latency is to blame. However, I didn't think it would be 6 to 9 seconds. I forgot to mention in my question that the SOAP call I'm making is from the host computer and IDS is on a Windows vm, so network latency should be low as my testing for the groovy script and the sampleclient are on the same computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would rule this out by trying some tool to test the latency and be sure, investigating around network adapter and studying its impact would be my next course of action.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines