Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW indicates Javascript error - I don't see it

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

Nothing serious, here, just curious about something Dw is reporting.  I'm getting a Javascript error message at the top of the screen, and it's indicating the following line of pseudocode is the problem.

let q = [["A","1"],["B","2"],["C","3"]];

Of course, Dw doesn't tell me what the error is, just that it's an error.  But the function I'm playing with works, nothing shows in DevTools Console.  What does Dw see that neither I nor my browser see?

Just curious.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

can you use 'var' as DW doesnt support ES6 javascript

Although I would not worry about it if you dont mind 'fake' errors being reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you use 'var' as DW doesnt support ES6 javascript

Although I would not worry about it if you dont mind 'fake' errors being reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it.  Changing let to var fixed it.  Thanks.

And, sadly, I'm pedantic enough that I do mind 'fake' errors.  Annoying, but what can one do about it?

Do you know if Adobe plans to support ES6 in future versions?  Or perhaps release updates that will allow Dw to work with ES6?  This issue cropped up in our DEV environment where we are using Dw CS5.5.

OOOOh.. anyone know of any local files that we can edit to get ES6 support???    I'm bold enough to try it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade  wrote

Do you know if Adobe plans to support ES6 in future versions?  Or perhaps release updates that will allow Dw to work with ES6?  This issue cropped up in our DEV environment where we are using Dw CS5.5.

I suspect the latest version of DW does support Es6. Maybe Nancy or Ben or Al can chime in.

I don't use DW any longer apart from an old version which also showed the error when using 'let' so I was just guessing the version of DW you were using also was not compatible with Es6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can also refer to below document regarding ES6 support.

New features summary for the latest release of Dreamweaver CC

Release notes for the 2019 of Dreamweaver CC

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention that under Site > Manage Site settings, you can refine your JS Lint rules as required.   Mine uses the configuration file.   See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are being forced to use Dw CC2018 in our main environment due to security concerns.  But our development environment is air-gapped and we are not under any such orders to use anything in particular, so we use Dw CS5.5, which I'm going to go and see if we have any power over linting.

Nope!  C'est la vie.  It is what it is.

Thank you, everyone, for your assistance.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of the October release, CC 2019 version does support ES6. 

ES6 support

New EcmaScript 6 support includes quick-type listing of classes, methods, arrow functions, and generator functions, as well as linting of ES6 code so you can work with the latest JavaScript updates.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines