• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe bridge 2019 crashes on launch

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier today I added some files to Adobe Bridge. No Problem. Now it won't open.

I'm running version 9.02.219 of Bridge on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2. Lots of RAM. When I installed Mojave I did a clean install, so there shouldn't be any legacy issues. Always installed Bridge via Creative Cloud.

I have tried rebooting to no avail. I have tried opening Bridge holding down the Option key, and holding down the Shift + Option + Command keys.  The same dialog box pops up either way and I check all three boxes. This has worked when this issue cropped up in earlier versions of Bridge, but this time I get a spinning beach ball and have to force quit.

I have about 12,000 images indexed in Bridge, but that is well below the limit.

Looking through all the online commentary I get two categories of answer: start it up holding down the keys I mentioned earlier, or 'we have fixed this and please install the latest version of Bridge'. I have been using the latest version. And this has been going on for well over a year (covering several Mac Operating Systems and several years of Bridge).

The previous fix was to reset preferences upon opening. That always seemed like a temporary fix but it worked when I needed it to. But now I can't even do that.

Does anyone have a fix, temporary or better yet, permanent?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jamesj68388777,

We would like to investigate the issue you are facing and would like to set up a web screen sharing session to debug the issue.

Have shared more details with you over email.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Bridge has been crashing constantly since its inception. Adobe likes to pretend that if you just trash your preferences and reinstall, then it will work. Fact is, it has never worked. It has always crashed—and it will always keep crashing—until Adobe chooses to actually do something about it. I am afraid that since this has been going on for literally a decade, the action they choose will be to discontinue it. It is such a shame because I rely so heavily upon it that I have been putting up with this behavior for so long.

Since Adobe no longer even collects crash data for the many times I day I have to force-quit the application, I have stopped using it and have gone back to the Finder for managing my assets (it's not as helpful, but life is a series of compromises.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines