• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud apps have out of date snapshot of the Finder when using open or place.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a MacPro with Mojave, I'm struggling to open or place files with Illustrator or Photoshop ( CC latest versions ) because they're just not visible/available—mostly recent ones. All the files are perfectly compatible and ought to be showing.  It appears CC's view of the mac's contents is really patchy and badly out of sync.

In the finder itself they're all there, dropbox and spotlight indexing all seem up to date.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Would it be possible to post a screen shot of when you see from the open box in PS/Ai versus the same window in Finder?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just going to bump this rather than start new thread. The issue seems to have reappeared—this time with 'save as' from within Photoshop and Illustrator (latest versions). On the left a snapshot of creative cloud's view of the files in a folder, on the right the more up to date view of the same through the finder.Screenshot 2019-01-23 11.36.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay for anyone reading this, I managed to effect a workaround:

For the folders I frequent often I managed to get the mac to create up to date folder content snapshots by effectively creating smart folders (dynamic clones of originals). Now, instead of navigating to the OS's native folders to open files I instead go to the smart folders where the file saves are all bang up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back David—I can't fathom exactly why but all seems fine today. I left the Mac on over the weekend just incase dropbox and spotlight were covertly syncing/indexing. One reboot later and both windows now tally.

Screenshot 2019-01-21 09.47.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines