Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator for ipad

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

Im sure others have been asking, but I wanted to add my support for a full version of Illustrator for the ipad. Im a long time professional user of illustrator and all the Adobe suite of products and love using them. I would gladly pay a fee for a full version of illustrator to use on my ipad pro. Ive tried draw a few times and it just doest have the features and tools that I need. Just my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a feature request to post here:

Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still a bit skeptical over the effort to bring a full version of Photoshop to the iPad. There's a whole bunch of functions (not to mention keyboard short cut operations) I don't see transferring over to the iPad version very smoothly. A version of Adobe Illustrator could run into the same issues.

My biggest gripe about Adobe Illustrator Draw is the lack of a pen tool and lack of any anchor point editing capability. That really limits the usefulness of Adobe Illustrator Draw. If I need to produce some vector-based artwork on the iPad I'll try Autodesk Graphic or Linearity's Vectornator app. Both have pen tools and anchor point editing functions. But they're also a bit limited. There is no easy way to place sketched artwork or other tracing source images in an existing layout. They don't support keyboard short cuts via an attached keyboard. You can use one, two or three fingers to modify anchor points as you're digitizing paths. But you can't go back and modify existing anchor points on a path in-progress of being drawn like the keyboard shortcuts on the desktop versions of Photoshop and Illustrator will allow with their Pen tools. Adobe could one-up those applications by adding a pen tool with better point modification short cuts, whether they're tapped on screen or toggled via an attached keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Id be happy to not have hot keys and short cuts and use drop down menus and pallets for tools and features as long as I had access to illustrators full vector capabilities. Using my ipencil as a mouse and being able to go back and edit shapes, lines, colors, etc would create a useful application. And being able to manipulate text with full illustrator control opens up a new world of tablet based design as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you on Illustrator Draw.  While the free handed vectors are very cool, the inability to create smoother mechanical lines because of no anchor editing tools is not good!  I’ve always hated using French Curves too!

One thing you can do though, is placed sketched artwork or tracing sources images into a project. Just copy whether it be photoshop sketch or an image, click the box with the up arrow and then copy.  Then, open new layer and go to the bottom where it says paste image.  Do so in a new layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines