Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Secure my signature image against being scanned or copied or lifted or forged

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat DC:

I would like to place a signature on a pdf document in such a way that it is placed over background text or images or writing. This would make it difficult to copy the image of the signature and use it elsewhere.

I know how to create a signature with a transparent background. If I use this signature in the 'fill and sign' function - I can place it satisfactorily as described above. However if someone else, also using Adobe Acrobat DC,  opens the document and activates the 'edit document' function; my signature image becomes a field which can be moved and re-placed in a different part of the document. This makes it possible to copy the image of  my signature and use it elsewhere.

If I create a custom stamp using my signature image - the same issue exists.

If I print to pdf - ie 'flatten' the document, the same issue exists. Still possible/easy to 'lift' my signature using 'edit document'.

If I create a digital id and use the 'Certificates' function to digitally sign the document; then the signature cannot be moved. However, I cannot make the signature field transparent and place it over text or imagery. The signature field which i draw has a solid white background and obscures the part of the document that is behind it. This means that my signature image is in front of a white background, and it is easy to copy using a snipping tool.

In 'real life' i.e. signing on paper, I  always make sure that part of my signature runs through some text or a stamp, so there is no clear standalone image of my signature  that can be scanned and used for forgery.

How can I replicate this using Adobe Acrobat?

One way I have found, is to first sign the document using a custom stamp, or the 'fill and sign' method, and then  protect the document. But this involves many clicks and re-saves of the document. The ideal way would be to have a transparent background to the signature field I use when digitally signing using the 'Certificates' route.

I am pretty sure I was able to do this in less steps in older versions of Adobe Acrobat.

Any advice?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A scanned image is worthless, and can be copied, duplicated, etc. There's no way around it.

If you want real security use a Digital Signature field. You can set its appearance to include your hand-written signature, if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an extremely valuable tool that Adobe insists on not providing in its products (with the possible exception of those knowing Javascript).  When will Adobe recognize it?  Try using Nuance instead...much more user friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines