• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are my documents saved online? I don't want that!

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.23. I recently saved a document and didn't realize that the only option was to "Save to online account." I don't want this document anywhere where people can see it.

When I later went to File > Open from Acrobat.com I noticed I was not signed in, but a list of recently opened documents showed up, including the one I do not want online somewhere. However, this computer has been used with two adobe accounts. I signed in to one of my accounts, and the list of recently opened files changed (so the document I don't want online wasn't there). I signed out, then back in to the other adobe account, and the same list showed up. When I am signed out and look at the list, it is this same list.

Basically I just need to know if my document is somewhere where people can see it online, or was it only saved locally to my personal computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that is Reader 11.0.23? This sounds more like Reader DC. Can you post a screen shot (DON'T EMAIL IT) showing that the only option is "save to online account"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 12.12.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That prompt says three things

1. The name of your file will be "test"

2. The place where the file will be saved is your desktop (a folder called Desktop anyway).

3. You can save it to an Online account by clicking the "Save to Online Account..." button.

You present this as "the only option", but you don't need to click the button, and if you want to save it to a different folder you change that. None of this says your file will be saved online.

And you can check this very easily. Is the file in the directory you chose? Don't trust the app to do what you ask, check it in Finder...

Hope this is what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines