• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Albums in Photoshop Elements to New Computer

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop Elements Organizer (2014) to organize my family's photos.  I have my photos stored on my hard drive by year, so the folders in Photoshop reflect each year.  I have also organized my photos into special albums in Photoshop.

I recently purchased a new computer.  I have been able to transfer my pictures and their folder organization to my new computer, but I have lost all of the albums.  Is there a way to transfer the album information to my new computer?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy the catalog folder from your old computer to your new one.  To find the location of the folder (on Windows), search for a file called "catalog.pse14db".  Then copy the folder in which that file is contained to your new computer.  In the Catalog Manager, you will then browse to the location to which you have copied the catalog.  In order for this to work without relinking all the files, your media files must be placed in the same relative location on the new computer.  In other words, if your old computer has your files stored under C:\My Photos\2019, you must copy your files to that same location on your new computer.

If this is not possible, you can copy the Album information on your old computer and import it into your new catalog by clicking on the +icon next to My Albums and select Save Albums to File.  This file can then be saved and copied to your new computer.   You will then use the Import Albums from File to transfer the Album information to your new computer.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.01.19_14h44m36s_002_.png

Of course, the easiest way to have done all of this was to Backup the catalog on your old computer and Restore it on the new one using the Organizer backup/restore utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips but I used the easiest way of the Organiser back/up restore utility to transfer to a new computer. The Albums no longer connect even though photos and tags are fine. So the Utility failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After failing to transfer Albums using the Backup on the old computer and Restore to new, I also tried Save albums to USB and to tranfer to the new computer Album - From File but this did not work either. All albums are empty. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines