3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2008 10:48 AM by Kahlua17

New Recording Looks for CD Drive

Kahlua17
      Hello,

I just installed Adobe Captivate 2.0 onto my laptop. When I try to record a new project, I get an error message stating that "there is no disc in drive E:". This is my second license for this product, and I had no trouble installing the first onto a similar computer. What would cause the software to look for the application CD when it is recording, and is there a way to fix this? On my first license, I was able to install the software, and use it without having the CD in the drive.

Thanks,
      Chris
        • 1. Re: New Recording Looks for CD Drive
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Chris and welcome to our community

To be honest, yours is the first report I've ever heard of this happening. I've installed Captivate on lots of different computers and have never encountered this issue. I also don't believe I've ever seen it reported here in the forums either.

Because of that, I'm going to crawl way out here on this shaky little limb and say that your case is probably a one off and unique.

Is the laptop configured in any way that is somehow different? For example, is it only used to connect to a company intranet? If so, maybe something about that setup caused the behavior.

Wishing I had more to offer here... Rick
          • 2. Re: New Recording Looks for CD Drive
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi again

Another thought occurs here. Have you attempted to shut down and restart the PC in question? Maybe the message you are seeing is rather generic. I've seen times where after running an install on things, I removed the CD before I acknowledged the last dialog. Then I got caught in a loop of sorts.

Just a thought... Rick
            • 3. Re: New Recording Looks for CD Drive
              Kahlua17 Level 1
              Thanks Rick. That solved the problem. I'm curious as to why it did not prompt me to restart the computer. It only gave me the option to launch Captivate. Regardless, it works now.