• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What kind of stuff is used to create this effect?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First I'm noob on these things and just really want to get how I can recreate this effect on my own. Effect is on screen throught all song. Is it only plugin layer on top of live recording?

Travis Scott Performs 'Goosebumps' - YouTube

Looking forward to answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are actually live lighting effects.  You can simulate lighting effects in after affects using colored overlays and color correction. The right combination depends entirely on your footage. The complexity of the composition also depends entirely upon the shot.

For example, these underwater lighting effects require a whole bunch of work because there is more going on then just changing the color of the light. There is interaction with the geometry in a scene and the moving camera.

I hope this gives you some ideas. Concentrate on the underwater lighting part rather than the fluid dynamics in the trapcode Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video on the background screens looks like it's processed live in a hardware-driven live motion graphics platform like Notch.

Notch - FOR LIVE - notch.one

It's likely the musician here could be performing to a backing track, which would enable the screen content to be pre-produced in a tool like After Effects, but given the budget of a show like Ellen, and the integration of the singer's performance into the screen content, it is almost certainly processed live.

The content itself appears to be designed with particle generation and fluid dynamics/distortions that are driven by high contrast versions of the live camera vision being fed into the effect generator.  The process of designing this look would be very similar to the concepts discussed in the video that Rick has posted above, albeit in a slightly different platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines