• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading Photoshop Reference?

Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I located the Photoshop CC reference PDF. When I selected "Export as PDF" this prompt appeared:

"The document “photoshop_reference.pdf” could not be exported as “photoshop_reference.pdf”. You don’t have permission.

To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info."

Since I was not permitted to Download, I could not locate the file in the Finder. I went to security panel, but the option did not appear.

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf

???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't follow, sorry. You located the Photoshop CC reference - on the web, I guess, at the URL you quote.

You selected "Export as PDF" - in what app exactly?

If it's already a PDF, why are you trying to export a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Chrome as my Web browser. I can have Chrome Download the PDF or open the PDF in Chrome so I can browse through it and save the PDF it I want to. Its controlled by a Chrome advance  setting

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t export it, download it. Which browser?

On my iPad, I used Safari and clicked Copy to Acrobat. It changes slightly with the browser you are using.

Jane

3D9B27B9-6F87-4F10-B6B7-E45607E2FA19.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I guess I wasn't specific enough. I like having a PDF as I can SEARCH better in Acrobat.

So I found THIS LINK: https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf

Then I selected "export as PDF", but got THIS PROMPT: Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 3.34.24 PM.jpg

I'm using Safari. And since the file won't export, I can't select it in the finder to change permissions.

I'm not even sure if that "Reference" file is current. There is also the User Guide:Photoshop Help | Photoshop User Guide

But when I select Export as PDF, nothing happens. Maybe I'm a luddite, but it's easier to have a searchable PDF on the HD, than to access it online, where search filed is for all of Adobe Support. Why can't searching in that field be restricted to Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FauxtoGuy:

I clicked your link. Opened it in Safari. Chose File > Save as and now the file is sitting on my desktop.

~Barb

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 6.34.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do NOT try to export it. I don't even know how you would try. Just save it, download it, in the usual way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines