• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't import AVCHD files

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Priemere 12.0 and can't import AVCHD files created on the Sony a7iii.  I get the error message "file format not supported". Have tried importing using the Media Browser.

Can someone please advise. I'm working on Broadcast projects and don't want to be using MP4s. Thanks!

preimere.jpeg

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look in your Project Panel, you will see that the AVCHD files that are video clips have been imported. When you navigate to the AVCHD bundle, as you have done in your screen shot, select it and import it, it contains a bunch of files that are not necessary for Premiere but live in the AVCHD bundle as part of the AVCHD specification.

So Premiere does not import those particular files as they are not used. The dialog box is just letting you know that.

Just dismiss the dialog and look in your Project panel for the video clips.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you recorded X-AVC HD, not AVCHD, then in your Sony Camera media, those are located in a different directory:

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 12.38.17 PM.png

In the Private folder, open XDROOT and you'll see the clips as .mxf files.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines