• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSL certificate and DNS zone transfers

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our client is wanting to add an SSL certificate to their site. They have been told and understand that the domain name needs to change its nameservers to the Business Catalyst nameservers for this to happen, and that the SSL certificate must be purchased through Business Catalyst. The client is concerned and would like to know why complete DNS zone transfers are required to simply add an SSL cert to a hosted website. I've not been able to find any documentation that explains why it must be done this way, I can only tell them 'this is how BC does it'. Can anybody explain why this is the case? Or direct me to an explanation why the DNS must be transferred?

Cheers

Grant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Grant,

First of all, this is a product decision we've done in the past so that we can control the zones and be able to scale and distribute load dynamically. It's not necessarily related to SSL, although we've taken advantage of the fact that we host the zones when it comes to validating domain / site location.

Hope this answers your question,

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines