4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2007 8:06 AM by jess534

Adjusting Canvas Size

ryffco
      Is there a way to adjust the casvas (stage) size so that when altered, the canvas will resize by cutting off the upper portion of the stage as apposed to the bottom? As in photoshop, is there a way to dictate which way the canvas is adjusted? Just resized a background image and instead of moving every single object and layer, I just wanted to resize the canvas so that it adjusted to the new image...not the other way around.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Adjusting Canvas Size
          Level 7
          unfortunately there is not a way to crop like that - hoping the next version will resolve this.

--> Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
          --> www.mudbubble.com :: www.keyframer.com
          --> http://flashmx2004.com/forums/index.php?
          --> http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flash/articles/animation_guide.html
          --> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*flash*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

ryffco wrote:
          > Is there a way to adjust the casvas (stage) size so that when altered, the
          > canvas will resize by cutting off the upper portion of the stage as apposed to
          > the bottom? As in photoshop, is there a way to dictate which way the canvas is
          > adjusted? Just resized a background image and instead of moving every single
          > object and layer, I just wanted to resize the canvas so that it adjusted to the
          > new image...not the other way around.
          >
          > Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          • 2. Re: Adjusting Canvas Size
            Level 7
            ryffco wrote:
            > Is there a way to adjust the casvas (stage) size so that when altered, the
            > canvas will resize by cutting off the upper portion of the stage as apposed to
            > the bottom? As in photoshop, is there a way to dictate which way the canvas is
            > adjusted? Just resized a background image and instead of moving every single
            > object and layer, I just wanted to resize the canvas so that it adjusted to the
            > new image...not the other way around.
            >
            > Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >

hmm. what i do is, i create a new layer and i place a rectangle shape in
            that frame with the width and height set to the standards that i want.
            Now after doing that, i select the shape on the stage and then open up
            the document properties and choose the radio button "content" and the
            whole document size resizes. but this only works when you place the
            shape on the left and top part of the margin.
            • 3. Re: Adjusting Canvas Size
              Level 7
              But that was the OP's entire point - to *avoid* cropping from right and bottom sides - you just
              explained the exact way flash crops for several versions - the OP wanted to know if flash crops all
              4 sides (which it never has.
              fenrisform wrote:

> hmm. what i do is, i create a new layer and i place a rectangle shape in
              > that frame with the width and height set to the standards that i want.
              > Now after doing that, i select the shape on the stage and then open up
              > the document properties and choose the radio button "content" and the
              > whole document size resizes. but this only works when you place the
              > shape on the left and top part of the margin.
              • 4. Re: Adjusting Canvas Size
                jess534
                This is a much needed feature!! I can't believe this still isn't addressed....