• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC licence problems?

Advisor ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting this morning, I've had problems accessing my CC programs – Illustrator flashed up a "Creative Cloud" dialogue with the message 'Please wait for a moment' which got nowhere, though luckily Illustrator itself opened in the background. Photoshop now flashes up the same "Creative Cloud" dialogue/message, and does not open PhotoShop at all.

I see other people reporting possibly similar problems. Is there a general issue with the licence servers, or has something changed so I need to ask our IT support about white-lists? If there is an Adobe URL that needs to be white-listed, what is it?

Thanks in advance for helping me get back to working :-}

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

final resolution – our IT support had clearly never seen a cloud-based licence before. But some piece of black magic has enabled Adobe to make the link between me (a mere individual) and the licence acquired by my employers … so I've updated my Adobe ID, and I'm now happily back with my CC toolset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this link help:

How to resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useful! thanks.

In the meantime, our invisible/inaccessible in-house support have told me "yes, your licence has expired: we're ordering a new one". Is this the simplest answer to the problem? Have they've correctly evaluated the licensing options available? Do they have any sort of diary to warn them fixed-length subscriptions are due for renewal? I don't know. And "frankly, my dear …" I just want to fire up my corporate laptop connected to the corporate network and gt on with my work :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update – the usful link provided by Abambo works, and both the tests are successful: I have access to the Adobe activation servers, and I can access secure sites. Unfortunately, starting CC still gets me "Validating licence status online …" and then "Please wait for a moment …" and a busy cursor until I get bored and close the dialog half an hour later. In-house support assure me they have installed a new licence.

Any ideas for possible scenarios?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, it's the applications itself. I'm experiencing the same exact problem. I contacted Adobe this morning, via live chat and phone, got the run around from everyone. Talked to numerous individuals in Jaipor, India, "Sarika, Priitt, Aveet, Tannoy" and they all stated it was some kind of technical issue. All I want to do is draw in Illustrator and edit in Premiere Pro. Adobe takes my money every month and cannot even provide competent support. Then Adobe wonders why piracy is so high. Why pay for something you cannot use and then charge you a cancellation fee when you're fed up with it. This is what you pay for and I'm still waiting for a call back from a supervisor....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, it may well be the user, or the OS, the computer, the drivers or even the dry air... honestly. If piracy would not be so high, Adobe would have no need to protect itself against.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the end user in EVERY case. It's the repulsive job adobe does with coding their applications. So it's going to work perfectly fine a few days ago, with no system changes whatsoever, then all of a sudden DRY AIR is going to break it? That sounds like a sorry excuse to defend applications that have been getting more and more bloated with no quality control. NO, it has to do with piracy since as of late adobe has been greedy and sent all their support to JAIPUR, INDIA. You're telling me these applications worked before, then all of a sudden they stop working since their cloud based and it has to do with piracy? NO. Sending Customer Support to INDIA has to do with piracy? NO. When I purchased my creative suite I didn't deal with these problems. Have a valid license? Guess what? It worked. Have a problem, call Adobe and get connected to someone in the US whom speaks and understands English. So because of piracy, individuals have to suffer, even though they pay for a subscription that cannot be for-filled, and still cannot use the apps? DRY AIR DIDN'T BREAK THEM BEFORE. I know whom adobe was bought buy and it wasn't like this before. Now when I call I get someone with a horrible accent which I have to repeat myself over numerous times just for someone to understand. I recorded ALL THE CALLS and you can listen to what adobe has become. DRY AIR. CUTE. HA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshuaw82467978  wrote

It's not the end user in EVERY case.

No, but very often. Believe me, I've done support a long time and most of the issues were induced by the user. There is no problem to that, as support is called "user support".

And yes, there are also problems with the software and from time to time there are bugs the can be consistently repeated.

The Adobe software environment is such a complex one, the possible software and hardware combinations are immense so are the number of possible problems that you may experience.

Adobe has a beta program and you can apply to participate if you feel that there is no quality control. Software is getting "bloated" after a while because they draw all the compatibility issues with them. A software of 30 years of history needs to keep compatibility with that history. Sometimes, programs start from scratch just because maintaining the old software was getting to difficult.

Piracy is the biggest problem for software producer and there are no easy solutions. And yes, we, as users, are suffering from those problems, but it's the only way for Adobe to allow us to get highly sophisticated software at a quite abordable price.

call Adobe and get connected to someone in the US who speaks and understands English

Why should I do that? I'm located in Europe! And I'm speaking French and German and English and I do not understand in most cases American people but most of my Indian colleagues are understood quite well. What I want to say is that it is not important where the support is located. And Indian people are highly educated and know their products well. However, and that is a problem with all support, if American, Indian, French, Chinese or German, you can't always catch the one individual who helps and can help you to solve your problems.

All I want to do is draw in Illustrator and edit in Premiere Pro.

I can do that without a problem using probably the same bloated Adobe software that you do. Again, I do not say that there are no problems in the software but my installation runs and most if not all of the problems WE experience are in relation with our configuration of our PC infrastructure. I know that, because I know what solutions would be needed to apply but applying those solutions would break something different.

(BTW: I should stop arguing and ignore simply such posts and concentrate on solutions. That would be a big timesaver for me... )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

final resolution – our IT support had clearly never seen a cloud-based licence before. But some piece of black magic has enabled Adobe to make the link between me (a mere individual) and the licence acquired by my employers … so I've updated my Adobe ID, and I'm now happily back with my CC toolset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of "black magic"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines