• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

USB mic voice record problem

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All. I bought a new USB microphone, but I have problem with voice recording. My voice after record looks distorted/ like with hard limiter on voice. I'm tried to use ASIO, change mic config, uninstall and install mic drivers and still nothing. On another USB mic everything is okay.. So, Is it a bug of my new microphone? Is there any possibility to fix it?

Screens:

Record number. 1

https://i.imgur.com/AWG7Xbk.png

Record number. 2 (I change mic gain here)

https://i.imgur.com/axaa0IM.png

Record number. 3 on another USB mic

https://i.imgur.com/IBPy159.png

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

This looks like a gain staging issue. You need to turn the 'gain' knob on the microphone down, and the level on whatever controls the level (if it's Windows, the Windows Mixer) up. At the moment the microphone preamp, which is regulated by the gain control on the mic, is being overloaded so a distorted signal is being sent to the computer's USB port - where it is being under-recorded.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actually hearing the samples, we can't tell, although the third sample doesn't look clipped. What is the original microphone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mic is; Novox NCX

Here is the specs:

Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz

Sample rate: 44.1-192 Khz

Bit rate: 16/24 bit

Max SPl: 120 Db

Sensitivity: 5.6 mV ( 1 V/ Pa – 1 kHz )

Output impedance: 32 Ohm

My session settings in AA:

Sample rate: 48000 Hz

Bit rate: 24 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This looks like a gain staging issue. You need to turn the 'gain' knob on the microphone down, and the level on whatever controls the level (if it's Windows, the Windows Mixer) up. At the moment the microphone preamp, which is regulated by the gain control on the mic, is being overloaded so a distorted signal is being sent to the computer's USB port - where it is being under-recorded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines