• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro will no longer open (bought with Standard Creative Suite)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the Standard Design Creative Suite several years back which came with Acrobat Pro. I noticed this program stopped opening after a certain Windows update a while back (when I was using Windows 8) and never managed to resolve the issue, so just used the free version as a quick fix (Acrobat Reader).

Now I'm using Windows 10 and I'm still unable to open Acrobat Pro and can't find info anywhere as to how to fix it.

Does anyone know if Pro was given out as part of a limited timescale please? Wasn't aware of this when I bought it.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from the FREE Reader forum to a paid ACROBAT forum]

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some education licenses, purchased direct from the school instead of using a school ID to purchase from Adobe, did come with a time limit... but that was for the entire purchase, not just one program

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions, substituting the name and location of your specific program for Encore

-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John

Thanks for the info. I had a little play before adding this thread and have just tried again now:

1. There isn't a Window 10 options to select in the compatibility mode window?
  2. I've run as Administrator and followed the troubleshoot modes but nothing happens when I click on 'test the program'...
  3. When I follow the Encore thread, it gets as far as opening a window asking me if I want this app to make changes, I click on yes and then nothing happens?
  4. I've tried adding a new user account and signed into Adobe. It seems Acrobat Pro has been taken away from my products as every link I click on refers me to 'Try or Buy' Acrobat!

What a shame, I didn't realise this was a limited product - it's a good job I still have access to the main programs

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines