Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plantages et bugs Illustrator CC 2019

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous,

depuis la maj vers Illustrator CC 23.1 je rencontre des problèmes récurrents (plantages réguliers, impossibilité d'enregistrer une copie du fichier au format CS5). De plus, depuis la maj, les calques se déroulent automatiquement jusqu'à l'objet sélectionné dans le panneau calques, ce qui rend la navigation dans les calques assez peu pratique....

Quelles solutions me proposez-vous ?

Par avance merci à ceux ont pris le temps de lire ma question

Pauline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

I contacted the support, the problem is solved for the other files so I can save a copy in CS5 but apparently my file is the problem (the only one I can't save in CS5).

For the Layers Panel, according to the support, automatically unrolling the layer to the sublayer in which the selected object is, is the new feature of the latest version of AI CC to make the use of the software smoother... (which is not the case in my opinion)

Thanks everyone for your help anyway, it's always nice to see such a c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you on? What do you mean when you say that you are also using CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 7

I work with Illustrator CC (upgraded when a new version is released), but I often need to save a copy in an older version (CS5) to open it on another computer on which Illustrator CS5 is installed instead of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that the translation of your original question is not very good so I'm not sure what the second part of your question actually is. As to the first part concerning frequent crashes and problems backsaving, I would suggest trashing your Illustrator preferences.

To do so on a PC:

You can try the quick way of resetting on a PC which is to hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching Illustrator and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset. There have been some recent reports that the window asking if you want to reset is not popping up but that the prefs are being reset anyway. If this works great but if it doesn’t you may have to manually delete them.

To do so:

On Windows 7 and above the preference files are hidden. To find them go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options and then click the View tab. Then select “Show hidden files and folders” or “Show hidden files, folders or drive options” in Advanced Settings. Then delete (or rename) the folder at the end of this path: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number]\ Settings\<Language>. Make sure that Illustrator is closed when you do this. When you relaunch the program it will create  new preference files and the program will be at its default settings.

The advantage of manually deleting preference files is that after you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try what you suggest, thanks !

Here's a translation of my first post :

"since the upgrade toward Illustrator CC 23.1 I have recurrent problems (frequent crashes, impossible to save a copy of the file in an older format [CS5]). Moreover, since the upgrade, the layers automatically unroll to the selected object in the layer pannel, which makes browsing in the layers not very practical....

What solution do you propose ?

Thanks in advance to those who read my question"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to manually reset the parameters. The resetting worked fine but when I tried to save a copy in the CS5 format (using the default settings) the same crash happened ("Not responding").

Could the crash be due to something else ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulineh19393710  schrieb

I tried to manually reset the parameters. The resetting worked fine but when I tried to save a copy in the CS5 format (using the default settings) the same crash happened ("Not responding").

Could the crash be due to something else ?

What exactly is in your files?

Where do you save them?

When you open a file in CS5, it will always open all layers. That was only fixed in later versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots and drawings

I save them in a folder in "Documents" folder on C:

I work on the file created and modified with CC but I need to save it in a CS5 format to be able to open it on my collaborator's computer on which only the CS5 version is installed. We sometimes need to make a few changes on his computer but I keep working on the CC file (not the one modified with CS5) to avoid problems.

Saving a copy of the file in an older version of Illustrator worked fine on my computer before the upgrade toward CC 2019 but now I can't even save the copy, Illustrator CC crashes when I launch the comand and the "Not responding" message blocks the software. When I open Illustrator after the crash, the message telling me that some files could be retrieved appears but my file doesn't open (only other files that were opened when Illutrator crashed).

I also tried the "save as" option to save it in the CS5 format and the same bug happens...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulineh67  schrieb

Screenshots and drawings

What exactly?

Are those screenshots embedded? If linked, are the shots themselves on a server?

The drawings: any brushes, effects applied? Transparency? is there text in the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshots are embedded, some were vectorized

No brushes nor effect applied, transparency for some objects and yes text in the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all fonts OK?

Do you use font management?

Is a printer attached, set up as default printer and turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all fonts OK?

yes

Do you use font management?

no

Is a printer attached, set up as default printer and turned on?

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably need to contact support and have them log into your system to check things out:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted the support, the problem is solved for the other files so I can save a copy in CS5 but apparently my file is the problem (the only one I can't save in CS5).

For the Layers Panel, according to the support, automatically unrolling the layer to the sublayer in which the selected object is, is the new feature of the latest version of AI CC to make the use of the software smoother... (which is not the case in my opinion)

Thanks everyone for your help anyway, it's always nice to see such a community !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines