• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Desktop Service.exe and node.js too much cpu and ram

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?  Adobe has to install and execute multiple node.js processes (a server side software product for building crummy bloated javascript websites) on my client machine to run the Adobe Creative Cloud (what I consider a background app)?  Between these and related apps, they are consuming exorbitant amounts of memory and CPU.  Do I have to run creative cloud 100% of the time?  C'mon man!  I just don't get it.  If I can't disable creative cloud, I'll have to get rid of my photoshop plan.  I would expect an app like this to take about 400KiB of ram and .0001 CPU, OR to not be required to run at all.  Terrible decision to deploy this crap to the client machine.  Adobe, can you help?  I'm seriously considering bailing on this product.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A common misconception: Node.js is just a scripting engine and standard library for the JS/ECMAScript programming language, just like how python is just a scripting engine and standard library for the Python python language. Sure, you can build crummy websites with them, and you can build gorgeous websites with them, and that's entirely unrelated to either Node or Python.

As for why you're seeing it: node.js comes with CC, and is constantly running, because CC apps run quite a lot of (shared and private) functionality via API calls, and _something_ needs to service those calls. For a few years now, that something has been Node.js

And no, you don't need to have the Creative Cloud app running, you just need to run it to manage your applications. If you're on a machine with limited cpu/ram resources, turn off "launch Creative Cloud at login" in the app preferences, and remember to quit the app when you finish updating any apps through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines