• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy Team Organization

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been using InCopy on a little bit larger scale and had a suggestion or two about team organization.

If any of the below are already possible please let me know how to do them:

• It would be great if we could have an additional workspace option that would have the whole team listed and when one person has finalized their reviews then they can mark the document completed and it would nudge the next person on the list to take a look and make their edits.
  • With the prior in mind it would also be great if one person (document leader) could have their name/email associated to the document to be the go to person incase something happens they could be prompted to take a look.
  • Also the 'Notes' window doesn't let you check off the note as if it had been completed. It would be a great thing to have for organization since things can get lost sometimes.

This is a great program to use and I'm glad i stumbled upon it!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re going to need to look into some third party solutions for all of that.

K4 is one but it’s very, very expensive.

https://vjoon.com/products/clients-plug-ins/k4-layout-and-k4-edit/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those are great (and frequently-requested) feature requests.  Please  add  them  to http://indesign.uservoice.com  (InCopy features go here too).

You're not overlooking anything;  as Bob said, those  workgroup management features only come  with expensive publishing  systems. Most of my clients develop their own notification/staging systems using Slack, Basecamp, Trello, or the like, or even a shared Google Sheet that people check off as they complete something. Not ideal but more organized than email.

One trick that may come in handy is for the INDD originator to put a text frame on the Pasteboard on the first spread  (or  even every  spread) and export those to InCopy. Users can communicate w/each other there, even doing sign-offs.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines