• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does Acrobat Pro 2017's Save function work?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Acrobat Pro 2017's save function work like Reader DC's or like Acrobat/Reader 11 and earlier?

Background:

We use the Launch Document feature in our document management solution (GlobalSearch) all the time to open PDFs, mark them up, and return the document to GS with all the indexing info still attached.  To do this, GS creates a temporary file locally, launches it with the program we have selected within GS, and then reloads and deletes that file once we close said program.

When we do this in Reader DC, Reader DC's save function brings up an Adobe window first rather than a Windows window and then forces a Save As, preventing us from saving it over the temporary file without digging through an obscene amount of folders.  I have to install Reader XI or earlier on all machines with reader, and we have pre-DC versions of Acrobat on those machines that need the additional manipulation ability.

I need to purchase a new license for a new user/PC and would rather get the most current version of the software, but if it saves like DC it would be a complete waste of hundreds of dollars.

Does Acrobat Pro 2017 use this proprietary window or does it save like the pre-DC versions of Acrobat?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save as is blocked in Reader when Protected Mode is on. Apparently, this nonsense is for some security reason, I can't say I agree with  removing core functionality rather than making apps secure. But you can at least turn this off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines