• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single-sided default transition?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to apply a DEFAULT transition (CTL D) to only one side of a clip?  Can it be done on multiple clips?  I often want to cut in, and then dissolve out of multiple clips, and right now I'm adding default transition to all the clips, then have to go back and delete them from one side of each clip.

There has to be a better way...

Thanks!

Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't highlight the clip with adding the transition. Just put the time indicator at the point of you want your transition, be it at the beginning or end of the clip, then Ctrl-D. When you highlight the clip, the transition goes to the front and end of the clip. If you don't highlight the clip the transition goes to the one part of the clip (front or back) as you choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... yes, that does work (if the correct layer is selected).  But when I need to do 50 clips, since it won't do multiple clips, I still have to go through every clip, so it's not much better than selecting them all, add the transitions, then deleting one side one clip at a time.  Any way to do one sided default transition to multiple clips??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could use Shift+; to go to next gap, then Ctrl+d to apply transition. You could also set up a macro (with Auto Hotkeys)to do this faster and repeat.

bandicam 2019-01-24 09-55-08-646.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines