• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is RdrCEF an Adobe issue

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly I get warnings that RdrCEF Helper cannot be opened because of a prolbem.

I have no idea if this an Adobe issue or a virus affecting my Mac. I have never encountered anything called RdfCEF before.

Initally the warning prevented me printing a PDF, but I have now had the wajust typing with no PDT open.

I have seen warnings that RdrCEF is linked to viruses so I am worries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rogerw,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and thanks for sharing the detailed description. Since you are using the Mac OS, then we suggest you to once close unwanted the Acrobat instances running at the background and then try to open a pdf. You can refer to the following steps.

1- Open "Activity Monitor",You can search for it in spotlight or Go>Utilities>Activity Monitor.

2- Select RdrCEF Helper from the processes and force quit.

3- Open Acrobat Reader and pdf, the files should open now.

4- If it still doesn't help, then use cleaner tool to remove the application and its old traces.

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

5- Reinstall the app.

Let us know if it doesn't make any difference.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines