1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2008 12:41 AM by Ratsnackbar

Putting a progress bar into an itemRenderer

ChiefRocka00
      I have an application that's refreshing every five seconds. Within the app I have a data grid that currently has five rows of data in it. Each row reflects the status of a certain number of files that are being transferred. In one of my columns I created a custom item renderer and put a progress bar into it. I have four rows that have not started the file transfer so my progress is at zero for all four of those. The fifth row just needed to transfer one file and it is complete so my progress bar shows 100%. When the page originally loads it looks perfect, however when it refreshes the 100% completed progress bar jumps between different rows every refresh. Can anyone explain what is going on and how I can contain it into only the one row that it's supposed to appear on?

Thank You
        • 1. Re: Putting a progress bar into an itemRenderer
          Ratsnackbar Level 2
          Not sure I understand correctly but my best guess is that each time you refresh you are getting new data. The data passed through a web service or Remote Object will not always be sorted in the order you expect it to be in and (I have found at least) that it can change each time. So if that is the case you would want to create a custom sort to keep the data organized how you want. For example sort the data based on your download percentage or the order in which files were selected for download before you display it.

Hope that helps.