1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2008 12:48 PM by RossRitchey

FLVs won't play

JDawg497
      Okay, so I log onto youtube, and I choose a movie to watch. But when I click the movie i want to watch, it just keeps loading forever. Then I go on a different site, and it has a blank space where the movie should play and when I right-click it it says "movie not loaded" in grayed out letters. Does anyone know whats going on?
        • 1. Re: FLVs won't play
          RossRitchey Level 4
          There are a lot of different things that could be going on.

1. Your flashPlayer version might not be up to date, and is causing issues with the websites.
          2. Your flashPlayer could have gone corrupt.
          3. The videos you are trying to watch might have broken links (though I doubt this with youtube)
          4. There may be something funky happening with your internet connection.
          5. Your browser may be set to not run javascript, which may be necessary for some of these.
          6. There could be another browser setting that is causing flash files to not display properly.

My first thought, if you are on a PC using Internet Explorer, would be to go into C:\WINDOWS\ and delete the "Downloaded Program Files" folder. This folder houses every plug-in that you install into Internet Explorer. Deleting it forces each of those plug-ins to re-download the next time you try to use them. At my company, we have had some problems with corrupted activeX controls (the flashPlayer), and have found that deleting this folder will solve the problem.

Otherwise, I would try uninstalling, and re-installing the flashPlayer. If that doesn't solve your problem, then it is time to look into some of the other issues, starting with the browser settings, eliminating everything one-by-one until you find the culprit.