• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018 keep crashing when import files!_25 (WIN)

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I have is that the program freezes to death when simply hitting "Ctl+I" or "file... import".  It's not an issue of what type of file, simply beginning the import process

It happens 60% of the time.

Anyone else experience this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's exactly what was happening to me.

One of the problems is that people aren't actually reading the posts. People keep suggesting solutions dealing with codecs and files types when we aren't getting to that point. We won't be able to solve the people if the people working for Adobe don't actually read our posts.

I'll reiterate what you're saying in hopes that somebody here will actually read it this time.

Hold Ctrl.

Press I.

Premiere locks up then crashes BEFORE we can import a file, regardless of the file we intended to import.

Right click a bin

choose Import

Premiere locks up then crashes BEFORE we can import a file, regardless of the file we intended to import.

IT CRASHES BEFORE  WE ARE ABLE TO CHOOSE A FILE.

It doesn't matter if we were intending on importing an mp4, mpg, avi, jpg, mp3, wav, tiff, psd, bmp, mov, ai or eps.

IT CRASHES BEFORE  WE ARE ABLE TO CHOOSE A FILE.

That means it's not an issue with file structure, codecs or containers. Something is going wrong when Premiere interacts with Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are listening and we are available to help.

Sometimes these threads can become conflated and multiple issues are reported.

It is not clear to me that every person on this thread is seeing the exact issues you describe.

Regardless, we definitely want to help and we are actively investigating.

GGreathouseKV,  I believe you stated that a reinstall resolved your issues?   Windows, correct?

Continued detailed reports will help us narrow things down and assist.

As the majority of users do not run into this issue, we need to determine what variables are in play here.

For those experiencing issues related to crashing before selecting a file when using File>Import:

Windows or Mac?  Please list exact OS / update version.

Does the behavior different depending on which hard drive you navigate to?

Would a reinstall potentially change the default directory that File Import is opening to?

Are there many drives on your system?  Network, Memory cards, multiple local spinning drives, etc? 

Wes Howell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines