2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2006 2:55 PM by briankind

radio button and  show text

i am assigned to create a page (index and action page) where the index page has a group of radio buttons ( 4 of them) . if one of the four the radio button is selected then a text (paragraph of about 30 lines) is shown in the action page after a submitt button or next button . can this be done????

if it can be done how and what is the code for it

• 1. Re: radio button and  show text
          Dan Bracuk Level 5
          Give all 4 radio buttons the same name. Then, on your action page, base your logic on the value of that form variable. I can't give you code because I don't know where the display paragraph comes from.
          • 2. Re: radio button and  show text
            briankind Level 1
            display paragraph comes from???

i dont know yet. would it be better if
            can i just store it on same page where the radio button is declared?? then send it to the action page myactionpage.cfm

this is the example so if a radio button ( a combination of radio button it will display in a page)
            what will be displayed for every combination there will be a paragraph.

for example if a radio button bob and camping then i will show in the action page (for ex) "BOB had an exciting camping trip"
            if bob and kickback is selected then the message on myactionpage.cfm will say in text" bob Kickback and stayed home"

can this be done.
            if so how

here is what my example:

<title>My sample Page</title>
            <form name="myform" action=" http://www.myactionpage.com/ " method="POST">
            <div align="center"><br>
            <input type="radio" name="group1" value="bob"> bob<br>
            <input type="radio" name="group1" value="ken" checked> ken<br>
            <input type="radio" name="group1" value="Carol"> Carol
            <input type="radio" name="group2" value="camping"> camping<br>
            <input type="radio" name="group2" value=" riverrafting "> riverrafting<br>
            <input type="radio" name="group2" value="kickback" checked> kickback<br>

<form name="myform" action= http://www.myactionpage.com method="POST">
            <div align="center">
            <br><input type="submit" value="combinationofradiobuttons!"><br>