2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2019 5:48 AM by timothyh70447179

Very long export times for Premiere CC on an old Macbook Pro

timothyh70447179

Hello,

First of all, my MacBook is from 2011, so I realize that probably has something to do with the issue.  The Processor is 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 and Graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB.

I've been using iMovie up until now and the export times always seemed pretty long (2-3 hours sometimes), but since I've switched to premiere they've gone up to 17+ hours.  I'm currently exporting an 11 min video that I've made cropping and color changes to and it states it will be around 18 hours.  The last video I exported had 30 mins worth of music but only a still jpg image (an album for youtube) and it still took 6+ hours.

I have the latest software updates to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and I can't really afford a new computer at this time for better performance.  Is there anything I can do to speed up the export process?

Also, I've been using Premiere and Photoshop and they are both very slow while I am working in them.  They can lag and sometimes they crash and a few times my CC desktop icon disappeared after the crash and I had to find it and reopen it.  Any suggestions for these issues would be much appreciated.