3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2009 7:23 PM by SiamJai

Internal Error Issue

Level 7
      This has been going on for a while...and it happens with photos or graphic
      files I create. Every now and then, I will try to save, I then get an error
      message saying that an internal error has occurred and the command cannot be
      completed (not exact error message, I cannot duplicate it at will).

So then the file cannot be saved. If I want to save it, I have to select
      all, copy/paste into a new document then save as a different file name.

This has happened on at least 2 computers. Fireworks 8, xp

Anyone have any ideas on what is going wrong and how I can solve it?

Thanks

Gary

• 1. Re: Internal Error Issue
          SiamJai Level 2
          quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
          This has been going on for a while...and it happens with photos or graphic
          files I create. Every now and then, I will try to save, I then get an error
          message saying that an internal error has occurred and the command cannot be
          completed (not exact error message, I cannot duplicate it at will).

So then the file cannot be saved. If I want to save it, I have to select
          all, copy/paste into a new document then save as a different file name.

This has happened on at least 2 computers. Fireworks 8, xp

Anyone have any ideas on what is going wrong and how I can solve it?

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

This has happened with me too occasionally, and I'm using CS4 on xp. For the last couple months I've been trying to figure out how to replicate the problem, but like you said, it looks like it occurs randomly. The only thing that seems common (on my side at least) is that the error occurs after extended use.

I haven't found a solution in the Adobe Technotes either. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help. :-)
          • 2. Re: Internal Error Issue
            Level 7
            So what your saying is that the issue would not be solved by upgrading?

Oh, BTW, the time that is just happened, it was not extended use. I had a
            picture, applied a fade, and boom...internal error. The other weird thing is
            that when I created the new doc, I tried to save it as the old doc...no go,
            had to rename.

Thanks for your reply.

Gary
            "SiamJai" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gku6a2$fs2$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >
            quote:

> This has been going on for a while...and it happens with photos or graphic
            > files I create. Every now and then, I will try to save, I then get an
            > error
            > message saying that an internal error has occurred and the command cannot
            > be
            > completed (not exact error message, I cannot duplicate it at will).
            >
            > So then the file cannot be saved. If I want to save it, I have to select
            > all, copy/paste into a new document then save as a different file name.
            >
            > This has happened on at least 2 computers. Fireworks 8, xp
            >
            > Anyone have any ideas on what is going wrong and how I can solve it?
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Gary
            >

>
            > Hi Gary,
            >
            > This has happened with me too occasionally, and I'm using CS4 on xp. For
            > the
            > last couple months I've been trying to figure out how to replicate the
            > problem,
            > but like you said, it looks like it occurs randomly. The only thing that
            > seems
            > common (on my side at least) is that the error occurs after extended use.
            >
            > I haven't found a solution in the Adobe Technotes either. Maybe someone
            > more
            > knowledgeable can help. :-)
            >

• 3. Re: Internal Error Issue
              SiamJai Level 2
              quote:

So what your saying is that the issue would not be solved by upgrading?

I'm afraid it would not - well, not out of the box, at least. But I just remembered the recent release of a handy widget that automatically and periodically saves your Fireworks png files while you are working on them. That could be a workaround for the time being.

It's called the Fireworks AutoBackup utility and you can get it at the Adobe exchange. The good news is that it's free - but it's listed as CS3 and CS4 compatible, FW8 is not mentioned. Still, you could give it a try and see if it works. :-)

SiamJai
              ~~~~
              http://design.thaiwonders.com - Innovative Fireworks Tutorials