4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2008 10:12 AM by ntsiii

Repeater?

GeorgeWS Level 1
      I have a datagrid full of combos, the combos have a bunch of items connected to them. So I want to press on a row and show the items each combo could have a different number of items attached to it. What is the best way to go about this? repeater? I have the select part and display of the detail but cant seem to show more than 1 item

Thanks
      George
        • 1. Re: Repeater?
          ntsiii Level 3
          I don't quite follow, George. Can you explain a bit more?

I probably won't be able to respone til after the weekend.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: Repeater?
            GeorgeWS Level 1
            A combo is like a sales package deal (by one get one free sort of thing) "By one case of Bacardi and get 2 bollest of the Mellon and 2 bottles of Limon. So there is one main order code and 3 different item codes attached. So a user picks from the list of combos. then on another panel I have the selected combo show up with more detail. I want the detail to show each item one on each row. There could be any number of items probably no more than 6 though. To at the top of the panel the detail description, price, etc. then below that each item thats in the combo. I hope that clear. Thanks for looking

George
            • 3. Re: Repeater?
              ntsiii Level 3
              ComboBox, like all list-based components, uses one item of the dataProvider for each "row" in the display. Like with all list components, ".selectedItem" returns a reference to the *entire item*

So you can do:
              <mx:Text ... text="{myCombo.selectedItem.itemCode1}" .../>
              <mx:Text ... text="{myCombo.selectedItem.itemCode2}" .../>

That what you need?
              Tracy
              • 4. Re: Repeater?
                ntsiii Level 3
                If the number of sub items is unknown, then yes, a repeater would work ok. You just need an array or collection of sub items.
                Tracy