• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can not update MS-Acess 2000 db; currently locked

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running CFMX7, IIS6 on Win2k3. Using <unfortunately> multiple Ms-Access 2000 mdbs. One application in particular is erroring out constantly. I have "maintain connections" unchecked. Line 86 is the location of the update query. The update query DOES NOT use CFUPDATE...it uses CFQUERY with update statement inside.

"Error","jrpp-135","01/29/08","14:02:50",,"Error Executing Database Query.[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not update; currently locked by user 'admin' on machine 'mymachinename'. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: D:\Websites\thiswebsite\wwwroot\WebApps\subfolder\subfolder2\results.cfm, line: 86 "
TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008
I did eventually get it to work. The most important piece was changing the CF datasource type from MS-Acess to ODBC-Socket.

Making this change was the single biggest improvement I could have made. It must be because even though the CF Datasource type says MS-Access, it's actually using a JDBC-ODBC bridge, whereas the ODBC-Socket is using the "old" or "previous" method of using ODBC directly. So you need to make sure you have an existing ODBC entry in the windows odbc administrator (odbcad32.exe...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say, that I've been having the same problem very randomly on 3 of my access databases.

I've looked through the internet for some time now, and I've not found any sound fixes to this. What I have to do to break the lock, is find the record that it locks on and then cut and paste it... ie, maybe a duplicate, and delete the old one. And I'm doing this through MS Access.

Have you found any solutions since you posted here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I did eventually get it to work. The most important piece was changing the CF datasource type from MS-Acess to ODBC-Socket.

Making this change was the single biggest improvement I could have made. It must be because even though the CF Datasource type says MS-Access, it's actually using a JDBC-ODBC bridge, whereas the ODBC-Socket is using the "old" or "previous" method of using ODBC directly. So you need to make sure you have an existing ODBC entry in the windows odbc administrator (odbcad32.exe).

Best Wishes
-Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation