• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Erronerously renaming file that generates

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fat finger pulled a fast one on me. In generating my .xpj project, my sweetly named "locator.xpj" project name turned into "w" before I knew it and my project generated/published and now I have a merging of two projects that duplicated folders in the client view. I have been looking thru all the technical stuff to figure out how to find that erroneously renamed generatated file and delete it. It wasn't a part of version control either (gulp). Part of my string where these duplicated files are located is:

.com/robo/projects/w/welcome/cs_homepage.htm

whereas my good files are found here:

.com/robo/projects/customer_service/welcome/cs_homepage.htm

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna. Are you just saying that the output has been generated to the wrong location? If so, can't you just delete it and generate it to the correct location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the opposite. Two "file names" (W and Customer Service) generated to the same location, thus the duplicate TOC list in the client view. It's as if the generation was a whole new project that wasn't "merged" properly and shows up as an addition, making the TOC listing appear twice. I'm asking where can I look to find the wrong file to delete it and hopefully delete the multiple TOCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donna,

It appears you are talking about publishing the project, rather than generating into the !SSL! directory.
Perhaps you have two publishing locations enabled in the Single Source Layout setup.

Go to Single Source Layouts, select (but don't run) the setup, select Properties and navigate through the sequence to the WebHelp Publish dialog.

Perhaps you'll find two setups checked.

On the other hand, if you are generating but not publishing the project, look at "Select Output Folder and Start Page" in the first dialog of the WebHelp layout. Make sure it shows the correct path.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
After many days of tyring to figure out the mishap, it took 5 seconds to correct! There's a box in the set up/installation of RoboEngine Configuration Manager for "automatically merge all projects" that was checked! I didn't have access to undo that check mark.

Thank you all for your kind help and suggestions! I did try them!

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp