Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening mobile creations from Sketch in desktop apps

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this subject has been discussed before, and I have tried to follow the instructions as given in the following threads/blogs:

Sync Sketch app to Desktop

Ipad Pro - Illustrator Desktop APP not working

Mobile Creations in Illustrator: Your Content at Your Fingertips, Wherever You Are | Creative Cloud ...

Still, I'm having trouble opening my creations from Sketch in the desktop apps. I have done it earlier (a couple of years ago), where the desktop app would open by itself, when I pushed the buttons "send to desktop app" >> "Illustrator CC", however this action doesn't seem to work anymore. I have checked that everything works correct:

Somehow I just can't get Illustrator or Photoshop to open the project. I noticed that I miss the button "Mobile Creations" on the home screen when opening either of the two desktop apps, so I guess this is part of the problem. I'm not sure however, if the missing button is a bug, or if my problem lies elsewhere.

Skærmbillede (27).png

I would be grateful for any help on this issue!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Addy.

A couple of things:

* The Mobile Creations folder was, much to my disappointment. removed from Illustrator CC (that was the only app it was in) so that's the reason it's not showing up for you but the lack of it isn't the reason your work won't open in the desktop apps.

Some things I'd like you to do (in a particular order). You may have already tried some of them, but please try them again:

1. First log in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/mobilecreations and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud.
2. Also, since it has a lot to do with whether files make it to the desktop, make sure you're using version 4.8.0.421 of the Creative Cloud Desktop App; to check that version, tap on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the Gear icon, then Preferences.
3. Then, on your desktop, close out of all desktop apps and log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart your laptop, then log back in to Creative Cloud)
4. Before you try to send from Sketch, log out of the app, (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then the field with your name, then Sign Out), restart your device, then log back in to the app.
5. Once everything's running, try sending from Sketch to the desktop again.

If this doesn't work, I"m going to need you to contact me through the in-app feedback so I can help troubleshoot the problem.

Please let me know how this goes.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

I have the same exact problem as Addy. I did all that you said and Sketch did upload the one file I had tried to upload unsuccessfully. However, the next sketch I tried would not open in Illustrator on my desktop even though it showed that it was sent. I realize I can continue to repeat the steps and get one sketch to load, but obviously, that's not how the app is supposed to work. I have 25 pages in one project I am trying to open in Illustrator.

Can you tell me how I can contact you so we can try and get this fixed? FYI...I have used this app many times and opened files successfully in Illustrator. It just stopped working.

Thank you so much! Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy.

Sorry it's not working.

Since it has a lot to do with whether mobile files make it to the desktop, and it seems/seemed to be the source of a lot of problems I want to make sure you're using version 4.8.0.421 of the Creative Cloud Desktop App. To check that version, tap on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the stacked dots in the upper right of the pop-up menu, then Preferences.

It seems a number of people still haven't seen the update, so let me know if you have it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy.

So I can see all of your device information will you message me through Sketch's in-app feedback? (Tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then from the menu that opens tap Send Feedback)?

You don't have to rewrite all of this (I"ll recognize your name) but if you could let me know if you've signed out/restarted/signed back in to both Sketch and the Creative Cloud Desktop App since updating to v4.8.0.421 of the Desktop App, that would be helpful to know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have the same problem, in 2020. I'm running CCloud 5.x on the latest iOS, and this was still a pain.

The steps seem quite long, for something touted as easy and quick. These types of issues are what keep me from doing more with Adobe products.

For me, going into the documents.adobe.cloud wasn't the correct location, it's assets.adobe.com/files. JPGs of my "Creation" are in "Mobile creations" but the .psd version is in "Synced files". Not sure why there's a distinction.

Hope this helps someone else. The process is so clunky seems easier to just wait until I'm at a desktop machine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines