This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
One certain way to overcome this is by including the term(s) in your index.
Just talking out loud here for what it's worth, but a really good index can totally remove any need or desire for searching.
If you have RoboHelp 7, you may also plug this term into the Synonym editor to guide the user to the right topic.
Just a thought... Rick
While it's a nice thought, it isn't the technical answer I'm looking for :). Besides, I tend to go with the flow, and the flow seems to be "google it" which is equivalent to "search for it." So -- anyone else have an idea how I can make "to-do" searchable in a CHM?
Hi again Suzanne
Ahhh, now see, here I went and assumed you were talking about WebHelp or FlashHelp. Those have certain issues when it comes to search.
So, it's .CHM files is it? Are other search terms being found? I ask, because there is an issue with a particular .DLL or two that you may need to resolve. But if it were that, search wouldn't work, period. You seem to be saying it works, but just doesn't find this one term.
I was able to make it work by making the following change. I'm not sure you said what version of RoboHelp you are using, so what I'm about to provide will be for version 6 or older.
Click File > Project Settings > Advanced button > Stop List tab.
Locate and delete the words "To" and "Do", then click the OK button.
Recompile your .CHM and it should now dutifully find "to-do". But the trade off is that if you search for the word "to", it will also find each occurrence of it as well. Normally that term is excluded by the Stop List.
Just wanted to thank you for the time you took to reply. This did definitely answer my question! I decided to not change anything, though, since I didn't want every topic with "to" in it to show up.