• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Net Stream with mp4 files

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have two questions. I'm using Net Stream to play some videos on my Flash Game. These videos will be located on a local folder in the same path as the main .exe file (the projector). All files are .mp4 (h.264 / converted with JW Player), is this the best extension or does Flash 'works better' with another video extension? In my computer, works perfectly, but I'm concerned about other computers, I heard about Flash prefers to play .flv files, but I'm not sure...

The second question is: Whoever will play my game, needs to install mp4 codecs to see these videos or Net Stream is independent and can play the video without codecs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another question I have. The files are .mp4 but I'd love to rename the files to another extension, for example: "video.mp4" to "video.ext" just to avoid the players opening the folder to notice the video files there, I want the players seeing the videos only inside the game, to avoid "spoilers".

I tried this here and the videos run on my computer with a complete different extension, my concern is just if the video will run on other machines...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines