• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhanced details - bringing life to 20D photos

Mentor ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been awhile since I've used my first DSLR - the mighty Canon 20D - but it seems that the new enhanced details feature makes a noticeable improvement on image quality on certain 20D photos. The sample image (4-1 sizing) shows yellow leaves against a blue sky. Notice the blotchy artifacts in the original image on the left and the enhanced (improved) image on the right. I can see the improvement at 1-1 sizing but only because I know where to look. As a bonus enhanced details processes my 8 megapixel 20D images in seconds - so fast that the preview window does not bother to give an estimate.

Enhance_20D.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm nots sure that the that examples you've provided was was what the development team intended/expected from 'Enhanced Details', but it certainly matches with reports I've read by Jao vdL https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jao%20vdL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes these look exactly like the artifacts I observed. fall color leaves against blue sky is one of the few instances where enhance details really works to reduce artifacts and improve image quality in Bayer array sensors. Otherwise there is precious little advantage for normal sensors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines