2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2008 12:36 PM by Pete L.

Can't get BIND to work

Pete L.
      I can't seem to get a simple BIND value to work on my form. Basically, I'm trying to get the value of the first field (hsName) which is generated from an autosuggest, and based on that value, call a CFC to get the zipcode based on the school's name. The autosuggest works fine. The getHSzipcode works fine when called directly. but this BIND doesn't work. In the debugger, it just keeps telling me "error:bind: Bind failed, element not found: hsName"

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Can't get BIND to work
          I was having the same issue though only with Firefox, try moving the cfform OUTSIDE the table. It started working for me

<cfform method="post" action="index.cfm?action=signupAthlete" name="athleteForm" id="athleteForm">
          <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="1">
          <tr>
          <td align="right" class="formlabels">High School Name:</td>
          <td><cfinput type="text" size="17" name="hsName" id="hsName" autosuggest="cfc:cfc.school.getHSNamesTA({cfautosuggestvalue})"></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="right" class="formlabels">High School ZIPcode:</td>
          <td><cfinput type="text" name="hsZipcode" size="10" required="yes" validate="zipcode" mask="99999" message="Please enter your high school's ZIPcode" bind="cfc:cfc.school.getHSzipcode({hsName})"></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td> </td>
          <td><input type="submit" value="Sign Up Now!" /></td>
          </tr>
          </table>
          </cfform>
          • 2. Re: Can't get BIND to work
            Pete L. Level 1
            Thanks -- that did the trick.