• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Rename and saving a file using the fill and sign app?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I have uploaded a document on the fill and sign app, how do I then rename the form and save it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stephanieb,

After I have uploaded a document on the fill and sign app, how do I then rename the form and save it?

What you are looking, can not be achieved using Fill & Sign mobile app.

There is a limitation with the Fill & Sign mobile app. It doesn't allow renaming the file. Use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features.  Feature Request/Bug Report Form 

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Within Acrobat, open a PDF file or click on the Create PDF tool in the right pane to convert your document to PDF.
  2. Click on the Fill & Sign tool in the right pane.
  3. Click on a text field, then type on the form. Your data will be saved so you can use it again in the future, if desired.
  4. Click Sign in the toolbar at the top of the page.
  5. Draw or type your signature, or use an image.
  6. Click Apply and place the signature on your form.
  7. Click Share in the upper right corner to send your form to others.
  8. Enter one or more email addresses, then click Send to deliver your form and get notified when recipients view it.

[Irrelevant link removed. -Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

insightonlinenews these steps doesn't answer customer's query. Please do not share incorrect steps  on public forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a workaround that I discovered. When you are finished hit the share symbol and send it via email to yourself. Then you save it and then rename it like any other file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent it to me via email and I receive the link to open the document. And the problem continues since I don't find a way to rename the document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Raquel,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the delay in response.

If you wish to change the file name received via email, you will need to use "Save as" under the File menu. Then you may change the name of the file.

If you are referring to something else, please elaborate on the issue. 

Share the complete workflow you do.

Share the Acrobat and OS versions.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works on ipad ios 13. Before loading the document into the Fill & Sign app,  save the document to your 'Files" app. Select the file name and type your preferred name and save it. Open fill & sign and select the document you have just renamed from a 'local' files selection. The document will have the new file name. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources