Exit

Re: variable frame rate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have another issue.

Some of my videos' properties states 'variable frame rate detected'. How this issue has come and what is the way forward. The clips were shot on iPhone with frame width 1920 and Height 1080. The fps rate is 29.98. Please guide me.

Regards

Joseph 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched to a new discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere Pro?

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Variable Frame Rate 2.jpgVariable Frame Rate 1.jpg

Hi Peru Bob,

Attached please find the clip details. Kindly let me know the way forward.

Thanks and regards

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob,

I am using Premiere Pro CC 2018

Regards

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After dropping the clip on the timeline open the Master in the Effect controls. There you have 2 options to choose from.

But, Premiere does not always play nice with vfr eventhough it supports it.

If you are using the audio from the files and experiencing out of sync after export then run the files through

HandBrake first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set them to stay at a single frame rate. Right click on the file in the Project panel then choose Modify / Interpret Footage ...

Captura de pantalla 2019-02-25 a la(s) 11.57.10.png

Then Assume this frame rate set 29.98 fps, so your video will remain at that frame rate.

Captura de pantalla 2019-02-25 a la(s) 11.58.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank Byron and Ann for helping e with your suggestions. I appreciate that and thanks a lot.

Regards

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its vfr.

Way forward depends on your workflow.

Many suggestions mentions but still trial and error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi josephr35402845,

Premiere Pro has features like Preserve Audio Sync and Smooth Video Motion which might help while working with Variable Frame Rate media.To know more about how to work with the Variable Frame Rate media in Premiere Pro, you may refer to this article.

FAQ: How to work with Variable Frame Rate (VFR) media in Premiere Pro?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the exact same problem. Only transcoding with Handbrake fixed the issue. I saw no appreciable difference using the Preserve Audio Sync when working with a video from an iPhone (X, iOS 12). There was no sync issue when bringing the footage into iMovie (or playing it in Quicktime or VLC). I realise that is Apple living within its own ecosystem with iMovie, but that would suggest there are ways to work with Variable Frame Rate videos in editing without conversion... and I have to imagine there is no shortage of video being shot on iPhones these days. I hope this is something we might see Adobe address in future releases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines