3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2008 11:35 AM by Sunnyspring

Loading a Picture onto the Scene

Sunnyspring
      I am trying to load a picture onto the scene by using the following action script commands:

on (release) {
      loadMovie("Kjole1.jpg", ramme);
      }

Nothing happens when the button is released, so it doesn't work.
      "Kjole1.jpg" is a picture file in the same directory. "ramme" is a squere on the scene converted to a movie clip symbol. When I check, I get the message "The script contains no errors", but nothing happens anyway.

What is the problem?
        • 1. Re: Loading a Picture onto the Scene
          Level 7
          >>"ramme" is a squere on the scene converted to a movie clip symbol.

If the movieClip has an instance name of ramme and your jpeg is indeed in
          the same folder as the swf, this should work.

--
          Dave -
          Head Developer
          http://www.blurredistinction.com
          Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 2. Re: Loading a Picture onto the Scene
            Sunnyspring Level 1
            Thanks for your answer!
            Everything seems fine - excactly as the book tells, but nothing happens - no picture is loaded. I have only tried it on a network computer. Can that be the problem? Or are there any kind of variabel that should be defined?

Is there an other way of doing this? Is it possible to put all the pictures on a seperate scene, frame by frame, and load the picture from that scene/frame? If possible - what kind of command should I use?
            • 3. Re: Loading a Picture onto the Scene
              Sunnyspring Level 1
              I just want to tell you it's working fine now!
              The problem was the instance name. Thanks again for your help!

Anyway - I have just tried it in a simple sample file. I am going to try it on our main file now. There we have made a slide show of pictures scrolling down on the right side of the screen. We converted the slideshow to a movie clip. The pictures in the slide show, are also buttons. When you click on a button / small picture, a big sample of the picture should be loaded on the scene, that was when we needed the LoadMovie command. But when I tried to put action on the buttons, the action didn't act on the scene, but on edit level since the movie clip became kind of a nested symbol.
              Do we have to copy and paste the frames back to the scene and get rid of the movie clip symbol? Or are there any acton script command we could use to solve this problem?