• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find the SHA authentication code required by Florida law for electronic sealing of engineered documents?

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Florida Administrative Code requires a validation file be submitted with electronically signed and sealed Engineered documents.  Below is an excerpt from the code followed by my question.

"61G15-23.005 Procedures for Electronically Signing and Sealing Electronically Transmitted Plans, Specifications, Reports or Other Documents.

(b) Create a “signature” report that contains the licensee’s given name, the licensee’s license number, a brief overall description of the engineering documents to be signed and sealed and the SHA-1 authentication code of the signature file;

(c) Print and manually sign, date and seal the signature report in compliance with Rule 61G15-23.003, F.A.C.;"

My question is, where can I find and copy this code onto a document I can print and seal to satisfy this requirement?  Is it the hex code in the validation box?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what they mean, but you can find all the details of your signature by going to Edit - Preferences - Signatures - Identities & Trusted Certificates, selecting it and then clicking the Certificate Details button, and looking under the Details tab.

There's you'll find the signature algorithm (most likely SHA1 RSA), as well as such things as the Public Key, the SHA1 digest of the public key, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you need to look at Rule 61G15-23.004, F.A.C. which talks about digital signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines