Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audiowiedergabe / Aufnahme ruckelt

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich habe seit einiger Zeit ein Problem mit Audition. Ich weiß nicht, an was es liegt, aber anscheinend wird Audition sehr schnell überlastet.

Wenn ich ein Lied aufnehme, dann lade ich in meine Multitrack Session einen Backing Track und nehme darüber zwei-3 Gitarren auf. Je nachdem, wie gut die Aufnahme klappt, benötige ich dafür etwa 30-50 einzelne Tracks, von denen ich eben die "miesen" wieder lösche. Irgendwann aber scheint sich irgendwas zu überladen, da dann sowohl die Aufnahme, als auch das abspielen extrem ruckelt. Wie ein ein Film oder Spiel, dass nur mit 2-3 FPS läuft. Es läuft alles flüssig, aber Ton klingt dann eben so.

Lässt sich schlecht erklären. Stellt euch einfach ein extrem ruckelndes Spiel vor und übertragt das auf den Sound. Ich weiß niicht, ob sich der Speicher irgendwo voll frisst, oder was das sonst sein kann. Es hilft dann nur Audition neu zu starten, aber auch nur für kurze Zeit. Dann fängt das ruckeln wieder von vorne an.

Laut CPU Auslastung liegt Audition bei 30% und die RAM Auslastung geht auf maximal 8-9 GB rauf. Eingestellt sind 12 GB. Also hier ist auch noch Luft.

Den Audio DISK Cache habe ich von meiner SSD auf meine HDD gelegt, aber das dürfte doch eigentlich auch nicht das Problem sein, oder?

Werden die gelöschten, "schlechten" Aufnahmen irgendwie nicht gelöscht, wenn sich aus dem jeweiligen Track lösche, so dass diese den Speicher irgendwann überlasten?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a common known problem. Are you running the latest CC 2019 v12.1 version of Audition?

It is true that Deleting a Clip from a Track in a Multitrack session doesn't remove it from Audition's Media Cache. There are two things that may help to clear out the memory.

1) In the File menu click on 'Close Unused Media'

2) In Preferences/Media and Disk Cache 'Shared Media Cache Database' click on Clean.

Das ist kein häufiges bekanntes Problem. Führen Sie die neueste CC 2019 v12.1 Version der Audition?

Es ist wahr, dass das Löschen eines Clips von einem Track in einer Multitrack-Session ihn nicht aus Audition es Media Cache entfernt. Es gibt zwei Dinge, die helfen können, das Gedächtnis zu klären.

1) Im Menü Datei klicken Sie auf "Ungenutzte Medien schließen"

2) In Preferences/Media and Disk Cache ' Shared Media Cache Database ' klicken Sie auf Clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running version 12.0.1.34. There's no update for ver 12.1 for me yet.

Deleting unused media doesn't solve the problem, as well as cleaning the cache database.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with my recording interface (I'm using a TonePort UX1) which replaces my soundcard...

I will upload a video of the exact problem the next time I've got the problem and post it here! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say what computer OS you are running or what audio drivers for the TonePort are in use? Also make sure that you have the latest Line6 software and drivers and that the USB connection is direct into a USB socket on your computer not via a hub.

Also it may be that with that number of tracks if they are using CPU intensive effects you could be running out of computing power. As mentioned earlier try increasing you audio hardware buffer size in Audition's Audio hardware setup page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 (ver 1809)  and my TonePort driver is 4.2.7.6.

USB is connected with my computer.

I had the problem today again and took a look at my cpu usage while I had the problem.

CPU was at max. 18% usage

RAM at 9,7 of 16 GB

Volume C at 0%

Volume D at 0%

GPU at 4%

Where can I increase the buffer size? All I got is (when I click on audio hardware) hardware class, hardware, delay time and samplerate.

I'm having this problem since version 11 or so, so I don't think it's a hardware problem. Next time I will try to deactivate all effects and see if it's an effect problem.

On each guitar track I got 3 Audition effects and 1 external (Revalver MK 4 VST).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of Audition effects have you applied to the Tracks. Some of the Reverbs use an awful lot of processing power. If using the correct ASIO drivers then you see the I/O Buffer Size setting box below the Device box.

ScreenHunter_71 Mar. 04 17.08.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using:

For guitars:

ReValver 4 x64 https://peavey.com/products/revalver/

DeHummer

graphical EQ

Low, and High-Pass Filter

sometimes an echo

for Drums:

graphical EQ

Low and Highpass Filter

for Keys:

special>mastering> some effect there

Thats all.

And I'm not using ASIO. I'm using WASAPI and there's no option to change the buffer size. I'm not really sure why I don't use ASIO but I think it's because of the high delay time. In WASAPI I can go down to 10ms. Anything above 50ms is too high.

I'm not at home atm so I can't test it again but I think ASIOs lowest delay time is around 80 or 100ms.

I will check it again when I'm back home. I'm not sure if this was the reason. Could also be that ASIO is not working with my Line6 UX1... Can't remember...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASIO drivers usually provide the lowest latency and that is normally set as buffer size rather than delay. I know that Windows WASAPI drivers are now supposed to be low latency btu maybe trying to force the delay time too low is causing your problems.  I would try to get your Line6 ASIO drivers working but also, as an experiment, you could try increasing the Windows delay time to see if that causes the jumping audio to go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will try it!

I'm back home on monday, so I can't answer till then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I've recorded a new session and had the problem again, but I think I now know why.

At first, here's what happens when the problem occurs:

Shared album - Christian - Google Photos

I think it's a problem with the standalone version of Revalver which I use when I record something. After Audition crashed, I tried to use ASIO but it didn't work. There was always an error. And I think because the Revalver Standalone uses ASIO aswell. I tried another guitar UI (Podfarm 2) and this one works. ASIO is running for all devices, no crashes, nothing.

But I also have this problem with another standalone guitar plugin. Last week I installed the demo version for the Fortin Amps Plugin which uses ASIO aswell and here I have the same problem. Either ASIO doesn't work correctly or Audition crashes...

I've reinstalled ASIO but the problem is still there.

Another problem I had was, when I used Revalver (or Fortin Amps plugin) as standalone, opened Audition, ASIO won't work for Audition. I had to use WASAPI again.

The other problem is, that I can't open any other audio program without having any crashes when Audition is running. Have to figure out if it's the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW - rules for ASIO connectivity:

One ASIO hardware device can be addressed by several apps, as long as each app only tries to access a unique channel - i.e. not one that another app is actively using.

Only one ASIO device is allowed on any system - multiple ASIO devices are not allowed at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with "channel"?

I don't really get it why 2 of my 3 guitar plugins won't work correctly when I use ASIO in Audition but one works and why I have this problem for a few weeks, whereas everything worked perfect last year.

Is there any german manual for ASIO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

arcane-bodom  wrote

What do you mean with "channel"?

ASIO-based hardware generally has more than one recording or playback channel available (although I don't know whether your TonePort does, as it's rather a basic model) and individual channels can be shared between different apps.

Is there any german manual for ASIO?

Ask Steinberg - they invented it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines